Monday, June 08, 2015

From Mt Kenya to Marsabit


I remember when I took that. It was at the Mount Kenya National Park, a day before the World Environment Day. It was a chilly day, drizzling, and the KWS rangers were not taking chances with what they clearly thought were dodgy looking city types who had not appreciation for rampaging buffaloes. It remains one of my favourite adventures.


I remember thinking, "Thank God, the elephants are on the other side of the river because..."


...elephants can cross rivers with un-elephant-like speed. And freak out everybody at the...


...Samburu Serena Lodge. Which happens to be about halfway to Marsabit, which then did not have a really good road. The blue-plate Paj paid a heavy price.


...while everyone freaked out. Again. And pretended to know something about diff locks and whatchmacallit.


Marsabit is wild and beautiful and I am glad I went.

No comments:

Some bosses lead, some bosses blame

Bosses make great CX a central part of strategy and mission. Bosses set standards at the top of organizations. Bosses recruit, train, and de...