Monday, June 08, 2015

Legacy.

If I died today...

Legacy is not something that a young man on the make should worry about, is it? It is definitely not something he should talk about. But when you get to that point, the point where you see yourself in the eyes of your lover, your parents, your bosses, God, you get the sense that you should ask, If I die today, who would care?


I know I would care about what you thought about me when the time came to cross the river, in the same way that I care that you don't think of me as a crass, materialistic, incompetent, stick-in-the-mud, asshole lawyer. But I don't know if  at this point I have a legacy, even a slight one.

Have I lived the life I was supposed to live? Have I fought the fights I was supposed to fight? Have I kissed the lips of the ones I was supposed to kiss? I don't know. 

Have I written the great Kenyan novel? Have I written that tweet that made you stop, go Hmmm... and wonder, What the..?! Have I been the one get it right more times than not? I do not know.

But I guess I won't know. I guess I can't know. I'll just have to keep doing the things that I do with a bit more flair, won't I? If it's nibbles and a Bloody Mary, so be it. If it's jammin' and a bit of the fruit of the tree, so be it. If it's a date and dinner, Yeah! we can change it up like that. Let's see what's what. Maybe I get a legacy. Even if I crash and burn.

No comments:

Some bosses lead, some bosses blame

Bosses make great CX a central part of strategy and mission. Bosses set standards at the top of organizations. Bosses recruit, train, and de...