Tuesday, August 04, 2015

I say a prayer.

Jesus, take the wheel!

It is only Tuesday!

Look, Jesus made specific promises according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I am here to collect. I fear that if He does not keep his end of the deal, there will be blood on the streets.

The instinct to push back - hard! - is growing harder to suppress. If I do push back, it will not end well because I have a feeling voices will be raised, office furniture will be destroyed, and computers will suddenly find themselves in flight. Whether they will be flying towards heads or out of windows remains a tantalising mystery.

I have decided to focus what little patience I have left to saying a prayer for my friend who is being interviewed by what sounds like an excellent HR manager tomorrow.  She is a rather cheerful person though every now and then you tend to get a sense that when she blows her stack it takes victims of her wrath considerably more than a few minutes to settle down. So, obviously, I am praying that it is her cheerful self that turns up for the interview.

I am also saying a prayer for my other friend who is signing a new contract with some unknown business entity with bags of money, though I doubt he needs my prayers.

I will also think about Saturday. It seems so far off. But it promises respite. They know better than to call on Saturday. God, I hope they know better than to call on Saturday. That would be a phone call too far. I don't think my customary sunniness would keep back...well, anyway, Saturday and the promise of good mental health.

No comments:

Some bosses lead, some bosses blame

Bosses make great CX a central part of strategy and mission. Bosses set standards at the top of organizations. Bosses recruit, train, and de...